The Baton Rouge Mustangers will head West on a cruise to Crawfish Town Restaurant on Saturday, July 19th. Anyone who would like to join the group should meet at the Holiday Inn South parking lot located near the intersection of Airline Highway and I-12 at 2PM. We will leave from there at 2:15PM and head West on I-10/I-12 towards Lafayette. If the weather cooperates, a stop is planned at the Whiskey Bay rest area around 3PM to take a group picture with our Mustangs. Crawfish Town is located at 2815 Grand Point Highway, Henderson, LA 70517. Their telephone number is 337-667-6148. The cruisers expect to arrive at the restaurant just before 4PM. We would also like to invite any of our friends in the Acadiana Ford & Mustang Club to join us at this event. It has been a couple of years since we’ve been about to share a meal and visit for a spell.
Since the weather does not look to be the best, please check back here or on BRAM’s Facebook page for updates if the weather forecast turns severe. You can also call Jim at 225-328-5925. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that the weathermen got the forecast wrong like they did earlier this week!
On Saturday, June 21st, club members will be cruising over to Middendorf’s Restaurant for some of their famous fried catfish (or anything else on their terrific menu). The group will gather at 2:30PM in the parking lot for the Ochsner Hospital near the I-12 interchange at O’Neal Lane. The convoy will leave there at 2:45PM and expect to arrive at Middendorf’s a little around 3:30PM. It would be nice (but not necessary) to send an email containing the total number of people in your party to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on going. The email is especially helpful to know how many people may be driving directly to Middendorf’s and, therefore, would not be part of the convoy from Baton Rouge.
Weather looks like it will be good for this event. Unfortunately, Debbie & I won’t be able to make it this time due to a conflicting event with family so someone each some thin-fried catfish for me!
The location and date for our July meeting will be Jones Creek Cafe & Oyster Bar (225-755-3550) located at 15005 Market Street in Baton Rouge. This is near the intersection of Coursey and Jones Creek. If you are coming from Jones Creek the restaurant is behind the Outback Steakhouse and if you are coming from Coursey the restaurant is behind Raisin’ Cane. We will be in the dining room on the right after you come through the front door. Members will begin to arrive around 6PM and the meeting starts at 7PM. Those that wish to order meals typically arrive earlier. The parking lot for the One Hour air conditioning repair facility next door can be used by club members because that business closes at 5PM and the restaurant has a good working relationship with them.
The deadline for renewing membership dues for 2014 was back in March so the distribution list for this month’s newsletter has been updated to only contain our current members. If you did not receive a newsletter, that means we have an incorrect email address or we do not have you recorded as paying your 2014 dues. Please see Rick at the next meeting to either check your address or verify your dues status.
If you are not getting out of town for July 4th week, come join us for some car talk at Jones Creek Cafe. Either way, please have a save and enjoyable holiday weekend!
Be a part of the international Mustang community – Support MCA!
Anyone wishing to view my photos from Charlotte can do so at Flickr…
Remember, we do not have our regular Wednesday monthly meeting in December because our Christmas Party is this Saturday, December 7, 2013, at Jim & Debbie Freyder’s home (telephone numbers were sent via email & are in the calendar event) . Here is the information which was covered about our Christmas Party at our November meeting.
- Date is Saturday, 12/7/13 at 5PM but you are welcome to come earlier that afternoon. Please send a reply email to email@example.com telling us how many people will be in your group. The weather forecast is currently predicting some rain for Friday & Saturday but I don’t believe it will be enough to mess up parking on the grass by the workshop. Roughly around a dozen cars can park in the driveway by the house, if necessary, and parking along the street on Meadowview Drive should be fine.
- Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (and rice) is provided by the club. Appetizers, salads, desserts, etc. are handled as “pot luck” items. In your email to firstname.lastname@example.org it would be helpful to let us know what type of dishes you plan to bring. Please bring a warming plate (and maybe an extension cord) if your dish needs to be kept warm.
- A map showing the party location later can be seen by clicking on the calendar event in this webpage. Home address is 17132 Meadowview Drive, Prairieville, LA 70769. The workshop is located on the lot behind the house and can be accessed from Parker Heights Road. My ‘68 Mustang will be parked next to the driveway to the workshop out by Parker Heights Road. Our
- Bring chairs and whatever you wish to drink. Coffee, hot chocolate, and ice will be available at the party.
- Temperatures are predicted to be in the 50′s & going dowwn into 40′s that night so you might want to bring a fleece blanket or something similar to keep yourself warm. I have a kerosene heater and a couple of electric space heaters but the workshop is a big area to try to heat comfortably.
- There will be a Gift Exchange during the party for those who wish to participate. You do not have to participate in the Gift Exchange but it is a lot of fun! For each person participating in the gift exchange, bring a gift ($15-$20) in gift wrap and placed in a black plastic garbage bag. Rules on how the gift exchange works will be discussed at the party. Gifts do not have to be car or Mustang related and gag gifts can be very entertaining BUT please do not bring a gift that is alive! Generally, any item you would be happy to go home with yourself is a good gift idea.
- This is a family event so feel free to bring your kids. If you are bringing young children, you may want to consider bringing a small gift for them to unwrap.
Debbie & I are looking forward to the party and hope to see you there. If you have any questons at all, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at one of the numbers mentioned above.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Everyone!
Jim & Debbie