The next B.R.A.M. meeting will be Jones Creek Cafe & Oyster Bar (225-755-3550) located at 15005 Market Street in Baton Rouge. This is near the intersection of Coursey and Jones Creek. If you are coming from Jones Creek the restaurant is behind the Outback Steakhouse and if you are coming from Coursey the restaurant is behind Raisin’ Cane. We will be in the dining room on the right after you come through the front door. Members will begin to arrive around 6PM and the meeting starts at 7PM. Those that wish to order meals typically arrive earlier. The parking lot for the One Hour air conditioning repair facility next door can be used by club members because that business closes at 5PM and the restaurant has a good working relationship with them.
Remember, we do not have our regular Wednesday monthly meeting in December because our Christmas Party is this Saturday, December 6, 2014, at Jim & Debbie Freyder’s home (telephone numbers were sent via email & are in the calendar event) . Here is the information which was covered about our Christmas Party at our November meeting.
- Date is Saturday, 12/6/14 at 4PM and the gumbo will be served around 5PM. Please send a reply email to email@example.com telling us how many people will be in your group. The weather forecast is currently predicting great weather for Friday & Saturday so parking on the grass by the workshop should be fine. Roughly around a dozen cars can park in the driveway by the house, if necessary, and parking along the street on Meadowview Drive is also available.
- Chicken & Sausage Gumbo (and rice) is provided by the club. Appetizers, salads, desserts, etc. are handled as “pot luck” items. In your email to firstname.lastname@example.org it would be helpful to let us know what type of dishes you plan to bring. Please bring a warming plate (and maybe an extension cord) if your dish needs to be kept warm. Right now, from the list passed around at our November meeting, one family is bringing potato salad, another family is bringing a veggie tray, and nine people signed up for dessert items. It would be nice to have more appetizers or vegetable dishes.
- A map showing the party location later can be seen by clicking on the calendar event in this webpage. Home address is 17132 Meadowview Drive, Prairieville, LA 70769. The workshop is located on the lot behind the house and can be accessed from Parker Heights Road. My ‘68 Mustang will be parked next to the driveway to the workshop out by Parker Heights Road.
- Bring chairs and whatever you wish to drink. Coffee, hot chocolate, and ice will be available at the party.
- Temperatures are predicted to be in the 70′s & going dowwn into the 50′s that night so bring a fleece blanket or something similar to keep yourself warm if you think you will need it. I have a kerosene heater and a couple of electric space heaters but the workshop is a big area to try to heat comfortably.
- There will be a Gift Exchange during the party for those who wish to participate. You do not have to participate in the Gift Exchange but it is a lot of fun! For each person participating in the gift exchange, bring a gift ($15-$20) in gift wrap and placed in a black plastic garbage bag. Rules on how the gift exchange works will be discussed at the party. Gifts do not have to be car or Mustang related and gag gifts can be very entertaining BUT please do not bring a gift that is alive! Generally, any item you would be happy to go home with yourself is a good gift idea.
- This is a family event so feel free to bring your kids. If you are bringing young children, you may want to consider bringing a small gift for them to unwrap.
- New for this year, we will have a collection box for Toys For Tots. Anyone coming to the party who wants to contribute to Toys For Tots should bring a new, unwrapped toy to place in the collection box. After the party, I will contact the Toys For Tots people to bring the toys to them and hopefully get some recognition (a thank you note and maybe a picture) for our club’s participation.
Debbie & I are looking forward to the party and hope to see you there. If you have any questons at all, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at one of the numbers mentioned above.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Everyone!
Jim & Debbie
This is our annual car show.
Door Prizes Lunch will be provided
Pre-registration: $20 Must be postmarked by 10/1/14
Day of Show: $25
Save $5 on Day of Show by bringing two cans of food for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank
Make Checks Payable to: Baton Rouge Area Mustangers
Mail Entries to: Baton Rouge Area Mustangers
PO Box 78033
Baton Rouge, LA 70837
FORD POWERED VEHICLES ONLY PLEASE
On Sunday, August 17th, we will be bowling at All Star Lanes which is located on Airline Highway between Old Hammond and I-12. We have this event on Sunday because that is when we can have normal bowling without any special effects. Everyone who is bowling should plan to arrive at the bowling alley for 4:30 PM and the fee for each bowler is $10.00. The fee includes two hours of bowling (5-7 PM), shoe rental, a pitcher of soft drink for each lane, and bag of popcorn for each lane. There will typically be 4-6 bowlers per lane. Bowling balls are available at the alley or members can bring their own equipment. Bowling is not restricted to BRAM members and we encourage whole families to come bowl.
Please ask people coming to bowl to bring cash or check made out to BR Mustangers for the fee. All Star is handling this like a birthday party and will not be handling individual transactions. The club will take care of paying the alley fee and that is why we cannot process any credit card payments. We want to have everything settled with All Star and bowlers ready to start bowling at 5PM so that we maximize our bowling time.
After the bowling, those who want to grab a bite to eat will decide on a local restaurant and head there. This is completely optional. Last year we had about 8 people going together to DeAngelo’s for pizza and some much needed rest.
This is our 3rd or 4th year having a bowling event and it is always a lot of fun! Everyone is there to have a good time. We don’t care is anyone bowls a score of 15 or 150 – it is all in good fun. I will be needing a preliminary headcount at our meeting Wednesday or through email responses at email@example.com.
Anyone wishing to view my photos from Charlotte can do so at Flickr…